Sitesh

Sitesh
Sitesh Mishra

Friday, July 30, 2010

A gazzetted officer

A true incident...
Before I get into the subject, my disclaimer---> I have no intention to heart any one's sentiments, it is a feelings and want to capture it in my blog.
Here it goes-----------
Some of my friend had joined government organization in mid nineties as gazzetted officer and were elated that we are working for one of the prestigious organization. After few months we landed up on the ground reality and realized that either I have to accept the environment or leave the organization ASAP. It was shocking for me that some of my peers who had joined the organization with me adapted the environment from very next days. They learnt quickly how and what to speak to their bosses and what they should talk behind their back....A real street smarts. Unfortunately I was lacking on those quality and were quite blunt...In this frustration period I observed one of my colleague who use to start working at around 3 or 4 PM and would show up that he is working hard taking care the organization till late evening till their bosses left the office, he/she is over loaded etc.. etc... were getting enough bosses attentions.
Boss used to get impressed....... any way I left the organization, since outside opportunities were compelling and lucrative.
Do not understand how this can be corrected....
This was not the same situation for very few group or department (believe me very few) but those departments were working almost independently. This clearly indicates that there is a big flaw in the overall structure of the organization.
Is some one can stand and define the issues to correct the structure, what is needed to recruit the right resources for the organization who are more dynamic and can challenge the organization. On top of that can some one from the top encourage, motivate and protect that person if some one advance to make some change?
We do need a TN Session in every organization who has the will to change the system....
The way people are measured in their performance is to be changed....People are to trained to have the cultural change instead of just focusing on the just technical capability.
Government R& D Organization should understand that technical capability is just 20% of the issue. People from these organizations should start thinking big and work as a team in synergy. Such a huge employee base and see very few products are successful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Ninni said...

Why dont you write more often

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 375[/url] are tablets that help reduce fuselage weight. The same of these tabs has to be captivated with fizzy water be illogical, round 20 minutes already a collation, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
cambogia garcinia[/url] is the richest fat fervid wring present in market for the nonce a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select